When I see things that light up that have no business lighting up, I get inexplicably excited. Anyone can buy a lamp. It takes someone special to make incredibly unique lights using your super craft talent and things you find around the house.
Everything I look at now holds potential for me to somehow make it glow in the dark or twinkle and shine. I suppose it’s a good thing the ex got my dogs in the divorce.
You’re going to love these DIY lights. Make sure to visit the websites of the brilliant, crafty minds who created them and by all means, show ’em some Pin Love. They surely do deserve it.
1. This first project from Make Something combines two kinds of DIY awesomeness, so it scores with me in a big way. It’s a chalkboard (I dig chalkboard paint) and it lights up! Yes, please. The only thing better than something covered in chalkboard paint is something covered in chalkboard paint that twinkles.
2. What kind of fresh party cool would it be to have these beer bottle solar lights sitting around? Yep… totally solar charged. Do you love it? I’m loving it. Get the how-to from Popsci.
3. Zedomax found this swing that is about to cause me to stroke right out. I would have FREAKED OUT over a swing like this as a little girl. There are no how-tos, but surely someone can master this. If you do, please report to me…I will hug you.
5. Also from Shelterness, take a look at this cool way to hang white Christmas lights in a bedroom. I love the feeling Christmas lights create, and this would be a very inventive way to keep that feeling going all year.
6. From Design Sponge, this “Good Night” light is made from canvas. I’m not nearly talented enough to try this on, but maybe you can. I think the ideas you can take away from this project for your own home are many.
7. These glowing outdoor orbs are a fantastic idea and The Art of Doing Stuff says you can make them in 3 minute flat! I’m all about 3 minutes flat. It takes me longer than that to glue on my false eyelashes. (Mainly because I first accidentally glue them to my chin and have to pluck them off and start again.)
8. These flower pot lights are cute as a bug and belong in a garden for sure. I would imagine those of you with wonderfully creative minds could make lots of these as the instructions on Missouri Scenic Rivers say flower pots are turned upside down and a light kit inserted.
Every time someone shares this post, my ex-husband feels a little pinch. Won’t kill him, but it does make me feel a little better. Go ahead…make my day.