Get rid of the ugly scars left behind by acne with the help of simple coconut oil home remedies. For those who are wary of using oil on the acne-prone skin, check on the facts. Coconut oil boasts of lauric, capric and caprylic acids in its contents that not only assist in fading acne scars but also stop them from recurring. Add to that, Vitamins E and C that tighten your skin, preventing ageing and protecting against UV rays.
Avoid skin irritations by using coconut oil that is organic, cold-pressed, unrefined and extra-virgin.
Acne Scar Removal with Just Coconut Oil
- Apply a thin film of extra virgin coconut oil over cleaned skin.
- Gently massage in a circular motion for 5 minutes.
- Leave on for 30 minutes before wiping with a tissue.
- First, rinse with warm then cold water. Pat dry.
Repeat the above process 2-4 times daily for best results.
For additional toning, you can mix ½ tbsp rose water with each tbsp of coconut oil you use. Like coconut oil, rose water has excellent anti-microbial and anti-bacterial properties that can quickly heal even old acne scars.
Coconut Oil and Turmeric to Get Rid of Red Acne Scars
Bank on the redness and inflammation reducing powers of turmeric along with the benefits of coconut oil in this easy remedy.
- Add 1 tsp turmeric powder to 1 tbsp coconut oil. Mix well.
- Apply all over the affected parts of the skin and leave on for 15-20 minutes.
- Make your fingers wet and massage for 5 minutes.
- Rinse first with warm then cold water. Pat dry.
Repeat daily for visible results within a fortnight (the time taken may vary from person to person).
Coconut Oil and Baking Soda Scrub
With a little help from the versatile baking soda, you can exfoliate to remove dead skin cells while lightening acne spots.
- Massage a mixture of 1 tbsp coconut oil and 1 tsp baking soda over the skin.
- Leave on for 5 minutes.
- Massage gently with wet fingers for 10 minutes.
- Wash off with cold water. Pat dry.
Repeat every day.
Coconut Oil, Honey and Lemon Face Mask
Fight deep acne marks with the lightening properties of honey and coconut oil and cure them with lemon juice, all packed together in a healthy mask.
- Combine 1 tbsp coconut oil with 2 tsp raw honey and ½ tsp lemon juice thoroughly.
- Apply a thick coat of the mix on a clean face.
- Allow mask to soak in for 10 minutes.
- Wash off with cool water. Pat dry.
Repeat twice a week.
Forget the agonies of public appearances and the hours spent in concealing acne scars, by reviving clear, youthful skin.