I imagine someday, when I have stupid amounts of money, I will have an entire room in my giant mansion that will serve as my official Fancy Lady Candy Store.
I really do want my own candy store, and while we’re on the subject, my own ice cream shoppe. When I was a little girl, I dreamed of the day I’d own my own candy store, and I just never grew out of it.
Whether you want a candy store of your own in your pretend mansion like me, you’ll enjoy these vibrant colors. Yummy! Chutters has the world’s longest candy counter. Until I have my own candy counter, that is. Isn’t it pretty?
Apparently I have to go to Dubai to visit this candy store. If only I’d paid attention in geography class in high school, I might have some idea of where Dubai is.
Spot Cool Stuff has a post called The World’s Best Candy Stores. It’s sugar-coated, colorful, awesomeness.
Kevin & Amanda details a trip to visit a 3 story candy store in NYC called Dylan’s. I must go there. In fact, should go there right now. Definitely on my bucket list!
PS: When you pin something on this website, a tiny monkey gets a new pair of tiny monkey pants. Fact.
I love bananas so much. These banana recipes make my mouth water. I absolutely love banana flavor, BUT I don’t like to peel a banana and eat it. Something about the texture of a raw banana has always bothered me.
Bananas, when frozen, take on almost a rich ice cream kind of flavor. It reminds me of being a little girl and eating banana Popsicles on hot days down South.
These banana creations look so delicious, I am completely excited to make every single one! I hope you’ll enjoy them, too. Be sure and visit the websites of the creators and pin away!
1. These Banana Ice Cream and Toasted Coconut Bites from The Leftover Queen are made by blending frozen banana slices and they look AMAZING. They are 90% fresh banana. My gosh, I want these NOW.
2. Oh, Food Network, why do you torment me? These beauties are called Mexican Chocolate Frozen Bananas. I don’t care if you call them Harold…I want to eat them.
3. Turon is also known as Banana Lumpia. It’s a Philippine snack made of thinly sliced bananas and jackfruit, put in a spring roll and fried. There are several variations, but surely this has to be one of the best. Go to The Scent of Green Bananas for the how-to.
4. I love curry, I love bananas and I love Paula Deen. Is there any doubt as to whether I’m going to love these Curry-Crusted Bananas?
Who doesn’t love smoothies? Seriously. When you can blend together things like mango, and strawberry, and banana, and even avocado to create something delicious and healthy, it’s easy to feel good about what you’re putting in your body.
My favorite smoothies are the ones that have a great texture – just a little icy. I also love it when they’re absolutely beautiful to look at and when they are very easy to put together. I LOVE these eight smoothie recipes created by some super talented ladies. Make sure you click the links to read the recipes!
1. The Lacey In Love Blog details a fantastic way to make easy smoothies. I have always frozen my fruit, but I sure didn’t think about freezing the yogurt this way. I’m positive it’ll give me the texture I love, and I can’t wait to try it!
2. There is a recipe for a Creamsicle Smoothie on Meet the Dubiens that I will be trying right away. And, I might add that the chocolate-raspberry smoothie is definitely calling my name.
3. Have you heard about “The Green Smoothie”? It’s apparently all the rage, and supposedly tastes like Heaven. I haven’t tried it yet, but I plan to. Can you guess what makes it green? Click over to Linda Wagner and she’ll tell you!
4. While we’re on the subject of green smoothies, Full Measure of Happiness has created something called a “Cookie Dough Green Monster” smoothie. The way she talks about it, and her awesome photos have just about made me a believer.
5. This Family Kitchen berry smoothie is so delightfully purple, I want one right this very second. I feel strongly I don’t get enough PURPLE in my diet.
6. A Pumpkin Spice Smoothie sounds like something I’d love on a cold day. Healthful Pursuit has created one that looks absolutely amazing. I love pumpkin!
7. Kayotic Kitchen brings us this beautiful blue breakfast smoothie that is chock full of fiber and flavor. I can’t imagine a more perfect way to start the day.
8. I love chocolate and I love coconut, so it stands to reason I love this smoothie. Doesn’t it look every bit as good as a milkshake? Brilliant work by Colourful Palate.
During the holidays you may have eaten a lot of delicious meals that weren’t exactly healthy. No need to feel bad about it! But now that we’re moving along in a fresh new year, we can make better choices and choose to make healthy meals that are still delicious.
Here are three wonderfully delicious meals that are good for you and absolutely gorgeous to look at. You just know food that looks this good has to taste FABULOUS!