If there are two things I love more than Pinterest, they are WINE and LIGHT. That’s not true. If a gunman were holding a pistol to the head of Pinterest, I’d totally give him wine and light in exchange.
Meanwhile, look how the obviously beautiful mind of Shannon Quimby turned wine bottles into a chandelier. I love it- hard. I want to go empty a bunch of wine bottles right this minute so I can make it. Unfortunately it’s not even noon yet. I’m a genteel woman who will do the right thing and wait until 5:01 in the PM to begin the first, and most important phase, of this do-it-yourself project.
Who doesn’t love smoothies? Seriously. When you can blend together things like mango, and strawberry, and banana, and even avocado to create something delicious and healthy, it’s easy to feel good about what you’re putting in your body.
My favorite smoothies are the ones that have a great texture – just a little icy. I also love it when they’re absolutely beautiful to look at and when they are very easy to put together. I LOVE these eight smoothie recipes created by some super talented ladies. Make sure you click the links to read the recipes!
1. The Lacey In Love Blog details a fantastic way to make easy smoothies. I have always frozen my fruit, but I sure didn’t think about freezing the yogurt this way. I’m positive it’ll give me the texture I love, and I can’t wait to try it!
2. There is a recipe for a Creamsicle Smoothie on Meet the Dubiens that I will be trying right away. And, I might add that the chocolate-raspberry smoothie is definitely calling my name.
3. Have you heard about “The Green Smoothie”? It’s apparently all the rage, and supposedly tastes like Heaven. I haven’t tried it yet, but I plan to. Can you guess what makes it green? Click over to Linda Wagner and she’ll tell you!
4. While we’re on the subject of green smoothies, Full Measure of Happiness has created something called a “Cookie Dough Green Monster” smoothie. The way she talks about it, and her awesome photos have just about made me a believer.
5. This Family Kitchen berry smoothie is so delightfully purple, I want one right this very second. I feel strongly I don’t get enough PURPLE in my diet.
6. A Pumpkin Spice Smoothie sounds like something I’d love on a cold day. Healthful Pursuit has created one that looks absolutely amazing. I love pumpkin!
7. Kayotic Kitchen brings us this beautiful blue breakfast smoothie that is chock full of fiber and flavor. I can’t imagine a more perfect way to start the day.
8. I love chocolate and I love coconut, so it stands to reason I love this smoothie. Doesn’t it look every bit as good as a milkshake? Brilliant work by Colourful Palate.
If you’re like me, you love image quotes. My eye always catches them on Facebook, Pinterest, anywhere I see someone expressing a great sentiment using text in a really cool way. I love most all of them but I am a really big fan of the inspirational and uplifting quotes or sayings that encourage me in some way.
I can’t get enough! Here are some of my favorite image quotes. Feel free to pass them along, with credit given where it’s due, of course. I should note that some of these things go viral in such a way that it’s almost impossible to know where they originated. I always try to note where I found something I love and hope I get it right. Enjoy!
1. This is one of my very favorite inspirational graphics and I look at it and read it just about every day. Unfortunately I have no idea where it originated. I sure wish I did.
2. I found this one on Design Juices. A fantastic inspiring image quote.
3. I often wonder what life would be like if I were completely unafraid to fail. What would it be like for you?
4. This card from Splitcoast Stampers absolutely speaks to me. Adventure is the thing I love best in life.
5. This is a great one to look at every day. Watch me!
During the holidays you may have eaten a lot of delicious meals that weren’t exactly healthy. No need to feel bad about it! But now that we’re moving along in a fresh new year, we can make better choices and choose to make healthy meals that are still delicious.
Here are three wonderfully delicious meals that are good for you and absolutely gorgeous to look at. You just know food that looks this good has to taste FABULOUS!
]Whether you’re going to be making your Valentine Day gifts or you’re buying something from the store for your Honey Bunch, you may want to punch it up a little with some Valentine Day Quotes. I’ve found plenty of the best, sweetest, Valentine Day Quotes to help you out!
Hint: Try using some of these quotes in a Valentine letter you write to the one you love. Words from your heart will mean more than anything else.
“If I could be anything in the world I would want to be a teardrop because I would be born in your eyes, live on your cheeks, and die on your lips.”
“For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.”
“To love is to receive a glimpse of heaven.” Karen Sunde
“Loving is not just looking at each other, it’s looking in the same direction.” Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
“For you see, each day I love you more. Today more than yesterday and less than tomorrow.” Rosemonde Gerard
“We’re all a little weird. And life is a little weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall into mutually satisfying weirdness – and call it love – true love.” Robert Fulghum, True Love
“Grow old with me! The best is yet to be.” Robert Browning
“Are we not like two volumes of one book?” Marceline Desbordes-Valmore
“I’ve fallen in love many times… always with you.”
“I love thee to the depth and breadth and height my soul can reach.” Elizabeth Barrett Browning
“Love unlocks doors and opens windows that weren’t even there before.” Mignon McLaughlin
Some people really don’t care for Valentine’s Day. I kind of love it. I think any day that you are encouraged to tell people, “I love you,” has to be a good thing. Another reason I love Valentine’s Day is because you don’t have to feel like you need to buy a gift. There are so many absolutely wonderful “do it yourself” gifts you can make for someone you adore, you’ll have no need to run out shopping.
Here are some super adorable do it yourself Valentine gift ideas that could be given to anyone you love this year – husband, boyfriend, partner, child, grandkids, besties – there’s something for everyone. Be sure to visit each of these websites for the how-to so that when February 14th rolls around, you’ll be ready for some Cupid shock & awe! (Also check out our Valentine’s Day Quotes!)
1. I’m seeing these cool rings made from quarters all over the internet. A Law Student’s Journey has the instructions for making a great ring from a quarter. Love it!
2. What Dad, Grandparent, Aunt or Uncle wouldn’t just melt upon getting this adorable DIY Valentine photo? The Letter 4 has some precious ideas for snapping photos for February 14th.
3. Valentine’s candy is just okay. Anyone can buy a box of heart shaped candy that tastes like it has toothpaste in the middle. But this idea to make a candy sundae from Edible Crafts Online is so cute, I can hardly stand it. If it’s the thought that counts, you’ll score!
4. I always say my kids are funny because I ate Pop Rocks when I was pregnant. I believe it’s a scientific fact that Pop Rocks are the single funniest food and even though I’m almost one-hundred years old, I still LOVE THEM. Fiskars came up with a super simple, but very fun idea for your Pop Rocks loving Valentine.
5. I am smitten with this little book from PaperVine. It’s made from a deck of playing cards! Can you even stand it? Of course you’ll have to come up with 52 reasons you love somebody – which might not be a bad thing to do!
6. Martha Stewart is the Queen of DIY. Yes – she makes me feel like a big loser because I don’t know how to make a new sofa out of old credit cards, cereal boxes, and Gatorade lids. But these delightful homemade bath salts are so easy, I think even I could make them.
7. From 24-7-365 comes these cutie-patootie Valentine’s cards made from photos of your kiddos with outstretched hands. Why am I not smart enough to come up with something like this? I think I need more Vitamin B in my diet or something.
My kitchen is the size of a clown car. Still, something happens to me when I see beautiful DIY kitchen ideas. I start to believe that I’m Martha Stewart and with a little craft glue and some inspiration, I can turn my small kitchen into a DIY showplace.
What actually happens is I wind up with my fingers glued together, lace stuck to my eyebrows, and glitter in places glitter should never be. That doesn’t deter me from getting really excited when I see DIY kitchen ideas. Here are 5 of the most beautiful, coolest kitchen crafts you should make – because I won’t. 🙂
And please, if you manage to make one or more of these beautiful crafts without having the cat covered in Mod Podge, send me a picture. I’d be thrilled.
1. These DIY chalkboard mugs created by Wit & Whistle are so stinking cute, I want to make them and force everyone I know to drink coffee with me. Even toddlers. 🙂
2. Every yard sale I go to (and I go to a bazillion of them every year) almost always has three things in common: damp stuffed animals sitting on the ground, a woman running the show who has smeared make-up from the night before all over her face, and a box full of mismatched eating utensils. How cool would I be if I made these crazy cute crafts from old silverware found on Whimsy Love? The answer is: I would be crazy cool.
3. I don’t have a baby because I’m almost one-hundred years old. But this baby food chandelier from Natural Home & Garden makes me want to be friends with one – just so I could talk them out of their baby food jars. I could do it, too. Babies are gullible.
4. I dig word art. The Mostly Food & Crafts blog found a cool online tool and made this awesome Cooking Terms word art photo. If I do it for my kitchen though, I’ll have to add a few words. You know, like “Burn” and “Messy” and “Why Does My Oven Smell Like I Roasted a Gorilla?”
5. One time, long ago and in a marriage far away, my ex-husband used All Spice in the pot roast he made. “What?” he said bewildered when my gag reflex kicked in at the taste of beef and gingerbread cookies. “Doesn’t All Spice mean it has every spice in it?” That’s not why I divorced him, but it should have been. This DIY wall-mounted magnetic spice rack from Kitchn is awesome. Maybe my next husband will make it for me.
If you can even look at little onesie cupcakes and baby sock cupcakes without breaking out in ten layers of “Awwwwww” you have to be completely dead inside. 🙂 They’re so cute, I can’t even stand it.
If you’re looking for shower gifts that’ll steal the show, these cute little yummies are absolutely the way to go. You can purchase them on Etsy from some amazingly talented women, OR you can make them yourself. We’re not talking about a very complicated craft here. When you see how easy they are, you’ll be cranking them out before we can say, “Awwwwwwww.”
First – the onesie cupcake tutorial by “CookingandCrafting.”
And now that you’ve seen how easy that was, onto the baby sock cupcake tutorial. Thank you to caffeinegirl13!
Now you know how to make baby sock cupcakes and baby onesie cupcakes! Your friends are going to love getting these baby girl and baby boy gifts from you and you’re going to be so proud giving them away!