Relive the fun-filled moments of the Despicable Me movie by making a cute pair of Minion glasses at home. Just follow a few simple steps and voila! You are ready to flaunt a wacky look that appeals to both children and adults alike.
DIY Minion Goggles Step By Step
What You Need
- Silver wrapping paper/tissue paper/duct tape
- Black yarn or elastic
- Styrofoam or white paper cups
- Cut off the top halves of the cups.
- Now cut circles at the base of the cups.
- Wrap them up in silver paper or duct tape.
- Staple them in pairs to form the goggles.
- Cut the desired length of yarn or elastic to fit the head and staple to the sides of the goggles.
- If your child wants to wear the minion glasses while going for the 3D movie, cut out thick circular rings out of paper, paint them black and glue them around the lenses of 3D glasses.
- You can use a couple of mason jar lids with a headband glued to their backs and white paper circles with central black dots stuck to the front as an alternative form of the goggles described above.
- 2-inch PVC pipes cut at the correct angles and bolted together make excellent industrial Minion eye glasses.
- It would be a good idea to make one-eyed goggles for Halloween. You can even attach a paper Minion eye for it to be a spooky hit. If you don’t want to wear it, you can just place it over a pumpkin.
- Pair the homemade goggles with a purple Minion costume for depicting the evil Minion.
Kids will have a gala time sporting the cool glasses. If they join in the DIY process they would be delighted to find that making your own Minion goggles is so easy.