For those of you who have played by the rules on Facebook when it comes to contests, the news I’m about to deliver to you is going to make your entire day. Facebook contest rules have changed! And this time… it’s a really, really good thing.
Scroll down to read on… and prepare to be over-joyed. And please, if you have friends who have Facebook pages who are searching for ways to increase their likes and interactions, share! We all win! 🙂
This info was taken directly from Facebook. The release came today, August 27, 2013, at about 2:15 CST.
It’s now Easier to Administer Promotions on Facebook
We’ve updated our Pages Terms in order to make it easier for businesses of all sizes to create and administer promotions on Facebook. Here’s what Page administrators need to know:We’ve removed the requirement that promotions on Facebook only be administered through apps.Now, promotions may be administered on Page Timelines and in apps on Facebook.For example, businesses can now:
- Collect entries by having users post on the Page or comment/like a Page post
- Collect entries by having users message the Page
- Utilize likes as a voting mechanismAs before, however, businesses cannot administer promotions on personal Timelines.Accurate tagging is required in promotionsIn order to maintain the accuracy of Page content, our Pages Terms now prohibit Pages from tagging or encouraging people to tag themselves in content that they are not actually depicted in. So, for instance:
- It’s OK to ask people to submit names of a new product in exchange for a chance to win a prize
- It’s not OK to ask people tag themselves in pictures of a new product in exchange for a chance to win a prizeWe hope these updates will enable more businesses to use Facebook to launch their promotions. For more information regarding the changes to our promotions policies, check out our downloadable Promotion Guidelines, which include FAQs and best practices for running promotions through Facebook.